Friday, November 18, 2011

Life is grand

I woke early this morning to the subtle sound of light footsteps. In a foggy stupor, I raise to my feet to see that you stand before me. For a second I question myself if I am only dreaming, then reality sinks it's teeth into my jugular and makes me see that you are real. You sleep next to me every night. I wake up every morning and travel the Alabama foothills; curved and winding roads, I trail these mountain passes, and sometimes you skip your afternoon classes, and we learn more about each other than we ever knew.

Is this true love? Can a young man of my age truly know what it is to feel this?

After school I clock in as a server at Ruby Tuesday, which by the way I am not so bad at. We get by just fine here on minimum wage, this 99 percent, this...whatever you want to call it. All I worry about is what is the day going to bring. Homework, love, waiting tables, doctor visits and thinking and worrying about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment