Sunday, January 30, 2011

Too little; Too late

So difficult to see the shimmer of light, sliver of hope at the end of this tunnel
even if I squint my eyes until I went blind, I don't believe I would ever find
these days I feel so isolated, miserable and alone
Sticks and stones will break my bones; but your words will murder me
I was only a conscience that was half-asleep, and I am only now learning to dream

Oh please, baby, desire me
Oh, there must be a method to the madness
a reason for all your tears and sadness
there's a voice to this chaos, and it's wearing thin
the change of seasons, making you want to give in


It's so hard to believe, that you would ever even notice me
even if God himself had told me, I still don't think I would see
after time it's apparent that photographs will fade along with the memories
and when it's done, that will be all I have left of what wasn't taken by this thief ( called father time)
this is our life, and it is ending one minute at a time
I want to know what it feels to truly be alive
to touch, to feel, to taste, to see
your love, is free, to take, for me

When I was young everything seemed so easy
now that I'm older I can truly see that things worth having never come easily
I wish, I could go back, knowing what I know now
If I could, a week from now, we'd be reading our vows.
--You take- everything that you say away
every word that doesn't stick or stay, and you just blame it on fate
but we both know, when it is time to go - will be the saddest day
and now I'm just laying on my couch, in my pajamas, half stoned, listening to the radio...

No comments:

Post a Comment